Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Redneck Neighbor

Darrell and I share the philosophy (although he introduced me to the idea) that every neighborhood has at least ONE red neck neighbor. You know the one who doesn't cut the grass or has a broken down vehicle parked on the curb or a dead tree in the lawn that had fallen 3 years earlier, or maybe even a "nice" collection of lawn ornaments. Go ahead and think about it, I bet you have already identified the one in your neighborhood.

When we moved into our new house we wondered who that neighbor was, but it wasn't abundantly clear at first, but by golly I think I have found them and it ain't pretty.

You see folks, I am beginning to think we are THAT neighbor, although I am quickly realizing that we might share the title with two other neighbors.

So here is what makes us (and the other 2 who shall remain nameless) the rednecks of the neighborhood:


1. We receive emails from the neighborhood HOA about kids playing in oncoming traffic and we immediately know that they are talking about us.

2. You find a neighbor eating on the power thingy box in the backyard and decide to join him.



3. Putting all the neighborhood kids in the back of a truck with two dads to go buy groceries seems like a good idea. (especially when these are the dads)




Have I convinced you yet?
No? Ok, I will continue.

4. After the trip to the grocery store it seems like a good and classy idea to pull the grill out and have a cookout in the ALLEY!

5. Cornhole in said alleyway.


6. Keeping kids up way past bedtimes just so the adults don't have to quit hanging out.
7. Putting chip bags in front of your face or was it the eating straight out of the chip bag with dirty cracked bird egg hands that was redneck? You choose.

8. Ruining perfectly adorable pictures with veggies.
9. Thinking it would be better to hold your chin up while taking a picture instead of just letting it go.

Still not convinced? Then would you be if I told you this belonged to one of us?

Just kidding.

4 comments:

Rebecca Meece said...

I want to live with y'all!

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

Oh my god! I love you guys! Great post and looks like you had fun!

Paul said...

I'm glad the cornhole boards are getting some good use.

Pamela said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Thanks for making me smile.