Wednesday, July 13, 2011

When the kids are away...

We had a kid free week while Jackson and Linley were at Grandparent Camp. All that alone time made us go crazy.

It made me chase after firetruck parades even when I didn't have kids following along:




It made us think that it would be a good idea to bike to the local farmer's market at the crack of dawn (not really the crack, but pretty early for Darrell).
Does it look like he was dying in that picture? Because he was, we seriously had to sit there and let him rest for a few minutes before continuing our shopping and then I wasn't allowed to mention all the food (at the farmer's market remember) we were seeing because he felt sick:)

So why did I convince him to go on a morning bike? Why because we signed up for this crazy race in two months:

The warrior dash


So I am glad the kids are back for many reasons, but especially so we won't go and do anything crazy that we might have been able to do in our 20's:). If you want to join us we are competing at 1:00 and I say competing in the loosest sense of the word. I think we are both hoping we will just finish.

3 comments:

Lara said...

is it the one in between nashville and chatt? we are at 2:30!!! see ya there!

Kristine said...

You're doing the warrior dash?! So is Cliff :) I won't be there, unfortunately, because I'm shooting a wedding in Alabama that day :(

Thanks for the tip on Zulily!!

Rebecca Meece said...

Fun! Wish I could do it with y'all! You will do great I am sure:)...