Monday, September 19, 2011

I Would Do It Again


We finished our first Warrior Dash and had such a great time. It was the first time Darrell and I have ever raced together and the 1st time I have EVER fun 3.5 miles in a row.
Here are our cheerleaders sporting the free viking helmets:

Jackson had one of my cameras for the whole time and took some pretty interesting pictures. He was very worried about me racing. Tears flowed freely the night before and even the day of the race. He was afraid that I would get hurt.

Since Darrell and I didn't eat the kids helped themselves for us:
See that green just behind Gee? Yeah, that was poison ivy that I sat in for a good half hour. Hopefully the contaminated mud water washed it all off.
We were waiting in the starting gate sweaty and burned well before our start time. Luckily the kids kept us company.


This is the home stretch of the race and we were WAY more tired than this pictures shows. Of course Darrell is still concentrating on the run and I have turned my attention to the littles that were cheering me on. As soon as we finished the last wall we decided to run a little faster since we knew we would have witnesses.

I was so hot that the mud actually felt good. Darrell waited for me after the last obstacle so we could cross the finish line together.

After this water break we went straight to the water hoses to be sprayed down. It didn't do much good.

LIke that purple face on me? I believe it was half dead tired and half sunburn.


Mom graciously allowed me to donate her old tennis shoes. Wasn't that nice? I have no idea how they will clean those, but at least I didn't have to do it.
Oh and Potts don't be too sad that I defaced your Bachelorette Party t-shirt it came clean in the wash:)

1 comment:

Rebecca Meece said...

Fun!!! And I love that you wore Mers shirt- I bet it got some good laughs while people could still see it.