Monday, November 16, 2009

Fear of the Unknown

Darrell and I hauled the kids to Memphis this weekend to celebrate Grandaddy's Birthday!
About 30 minutes from our exit it dawned on me: 'I forgot Linley's boopies (aka pacifier).'
We have had good intentions on taking aways those horrible things, but we have been to chicken to do it. Ever since Linley's first birthday we have wanted to give them the heave ho, but both of us were afraid of the weeks of nighttime crying and getting out of bed again so we have conveniently put off that horrible task.

So I had a decision to make: go buy one or just deal with it while I had grandparent backup. So we dealt with it and it was a piece of cake. What were we so afraid of again? Why did we not remember that our daughter loves sleep more than anything besides food? Really, she cried for about 1 minute and it was pretty much over.

We proceeded to have fun the rest of the weekend. Here was the super fun Memphis Botanical Gardens:

Jackson and I built this fort and chair. He thought the chair looked like a toilet and hence there is a funny face on him:)


The spider web:



An attempt to get a cute picture for all of the free photo card, ornament and photo calendar deals here, here and here. That obviously didn't turn out like I had hoped.


But aren't they just adorable anyway?

And these two: Words just can't express...