Monday, June 14, 2010

What I love about San Fran the Second Time Around

Darrell and I went to San Francisco with his family while we were still dating. On that trip we did every conceivable thing within a two hours drive of the city so this time around we took things a little easier.

So here is what made this trip so much fun in a very different way:

1. A great excuse to go in the first place: a wedding and a beautiful, hot one at that.

2. Weddings mean free entertainment, food and wedding cake-yum!

3. So much sun that I look like a pirate-Aarrgh matey
4. Trying out this awesome photographer's tips on self shooting.
5. Delicious ice cream sundae in the ultra touristy Ghiradelli Square
6. I loved this place-the Ferry Building.
7. Darrell and I drinking loose leaf tea for the first time ever at some Chinese tea shop.


8. Spending an entire afternoon with Tennessee family that have all relocated to different parts of CA. This day was so fun for Darrell and I.
9. Our last stop before the airport and our red eye flight home. We walked 3/4 of the way across before I decided I needed a pit stop and turned back for the visitor's center. It was not nearly as peaceful a walk as I had hoped. It was very noisy and busy and the whole time we walked single file so we wouldn't get run over by bikes.

The trip was fun, relaxing and a great time for Darrell and I to enjoy being married and not just mom and dad:) Thanks babe for a great weekend.

7 comments:

amanda said...

So fun! Glad you had a great time!

Gail said...

Glad you had some adult time with hubby.

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

How Great! What a wonderful trip...glad you got some adult time with your hubby! What was THAT like?! :)

Kristine Neeley said...

This makes me happy :) I'm glad you guys had a GREAT TRIP! Hope to see you soon!

Rebecca Meece said...

Great trip! Beautiful picture of the two of you at the wedding!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Dianne! Glad you all had fun together.
Laura

PCR ii said...

Cute pics! You look so pretty at the wedding. Glad you had a fun time-