Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy 8th

Seeing as how neither Darrell nor I remembered that today was our Anniversary I wasn't quite prepared for an awesome blog post, but I can't let the day pass without something being said.

Since our Sunday school teacher challenged us to remember and love the parts of our spouse that are unique to them that is what I will do here. One for every year that we have been married (unless of course I can't think of any after five).

So here are 8 things that make me love Darrell:

1. His speed walking routine (this was the first thing that made me laugh about him before we ever even considered dating). Really this is hilarious and if you haven't seen it you should. As a matter of fact I should capture it on video and post it here, but then we may not make it to 9 years.

2. His fascination with and pride over his yard. Even if we had millions of dollars I don't think he would let anyone else do our yard, because it wouldn't be right. Those few months after he broke his ankle and I cut the grass nearly killed him.

3. His ability to sort, open, respond and file to EVERY SINGLE piece of mail EVERY SINGLE DAY. If you see a piece of mail sitting on our counter there is a 100% chance that it is mine and I haven't taken care of it yet.

4. His loving and compassionate way of dealing with those that are grieving. Of course he was stupendous at comforting me after Samuel's death, but even later as he has comforted others with loss-he always knows what to say or not say and then he does so with sincerity. Truly a blessing to me.

5. His love for food both normal southern fried and disgusting oddities like that fish liver crap that he ordered twice in Spain.
6. His love for our children and his desire for adventure with Jackson. He can have a tea party with Linley one minute and then have Jackson down in the country doing dirty country things the next.

7. The fact that he is one of the best looking 30something men skiing on the lake.
8. Last and certainly the most unique is the fact that every night for 8 years he has washed his feet and taken no more than 10 steps before climbing in bed. Anymore than 10 steps and a rewash would have to take place. I love sleeping with a man with clean feet!

I love you babe and Happy 8th Anniversary. I can't wait to celebrate with burgers and homemade guacamole!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loved this post... Congratulations on 8 years!

I know I've mentioned this before, but the feet washing thing cracks me up! I get grossed out when I think about dirty feet in the bed! I've been known to wash my feet before getting in it too... but the 10 step rule?! Too funny!

Kristine Neeley said...

This is great :) Congrats on eight wonderful years!

Lara said...

What a great post Diane! Loved it! I am super impressed with the mail. I don't think Austin has touched one piece of mail ever. Sometimes I give him a letter to read that I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with and tell him to take it to work and read it. I'm not sure he ever reads them. Matter of fact, I'm not sure if Austin knows how to read.

I love clean feet. I put lotion on mine every night! And I hate it when I have to get up out of bed after the lotion routine.

Rebecca Meece said...

So Sweet! Happy Anniversary!

PCR ii said...

Happy Anniversary yall! You had a sweet wedding 8 years ago:)