Thursday, June 23, 2011

9 Years

Dear Da' Rell (that's how they say it in Memphis),

I can't believe it has been 9 years, which I realize is not a milestone, but somehow it seems like a really long time (nearly 1/3 of my life). I love you for so many reasons, but let me just tell you 9 reasons that I said 'I do' 9 years ago.

1. The first thing that got me was your speed walking routine. Saturday Night Live could make a killer skit out of that and I nearly wet my britches just watching it. And to think that you had a girlfriend at that time:)

2. The suave way you jumped out of the back of your truck just to bust your rear on the ice! (Susan was an eye witness so don't deny it)

3. All of our free dates mountain biking and playing frisbee golf. And our trips to the hidden rock on that lake in Knoxville.

4. Saving me from the bear that I stopped so close to in Cades Cove.

5. Taking me to California for the first time!
6. Being a country boy at heart and for not yelling at me on our first date when I broke your truck window.

7. Teaching me to slalom, knee board and wakeboard.

8. Instant messaging me the entire summer before we started dating.

9. Because you persistently pursued me in a way that was clear that God would always be a part of our marriage.

Love you and can't wait for the next 9 and maybe a few speed walking routines to get us through when times get rough.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Aw! Happy Anniversary, you two!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are way too cute!
-Cj

Rebecca Meece said...

So sweet! Congratulations! Love the "rock" reference! Didn't we wear our matching Target striped one pieces there with D one time? :)