Wednesday, October 21, 2009

3 Guesses

I'll give you three chances to guess what I am taking a picture of here:

1.

2.


3.
Did you get it? If not, you will have to listen to my story:) Darrell and I were waiting on our front porch last night, ever so patiently. What were we waiting for? Glad you asked. We were waiting for two grandparents, who shall not be named, to return our precious cargo to us from a long weekend away.

Thankfully, I had my phone with me on the front porch when I get a call from the nameless grandparent: "Dianne, we are on the side on the interstate, we ran out of gas."
Me: "That's funny, are you kidding?"
Gparent: "No, it is plain as day, right here on 840 before you get onto I-65"
Me: "We'll be right there."

Then, I started laughing and interrupted Darrell's, conversation with a neighbor and we headed off.

Really, who runs out of gas these days? Isn't that what the little orange light is for? We got a good laugh out of it and as I was snapping pictures the nameless grandparent says, "Oh, no am I going to end up on the blog?"
Indeed you are Grams, except for the fact that you wouldn't pose next to that lovely truck that hauled my beautiful children, nearly, all the way home.

3 comments:

amanda said...

That's really funny! I

Rebecca Meece said...

I love it! Tell your mom we came extremely close to running out of gas on the way to TN and the whole time I was thinking in my head... our family is going to be like-who runs out of gas with a baby in the car...classic Becca. Luckily, we made it, but it happened a few times in highschool:)

Polly said...

The things we have to do just to get in D&D's blog. : )