Thursday, February 4, 2010

A 6 year old Body and a 20 year old question

As I snuggled on the tiny twin bed last night with Jackson I was greeted with a question that I am sure I didn't ask until I was in my 20's. I am also sure that I didn't ask them to my mom, but only to myself and God (not b/c I couldn't, but just because I was not at home).

So we snuggled as I prayed constantly for spirit filled answers to my son's question: "Why does God never give me what I ask for? Sometimes it is hard to believe he is real, when I don't ever get what I ask for?"

(Deep breath Dianne, you have not failed as a wife and mother, just figure out what he isn't getting from God.)

Well, babe what have you asked for that you haven't gotten?

Jackson with tears streaming down his face and body shaking from the sobs: "He never takes my bad dreams away even though I ask Him to make them stop, and meemaw and Samuel."

Friends if you have young children, I am just preparing you b/c this was not in any book I have read.

After talking we didn't slow the sobs, but after we prayed aloud, my tears falling softly onto his hair, discussing and telling God our frustrations and disbelief, asking for help and assurance, Jackson finally found peace, rest and sleep. Oddly enough I did too:)

6 comments:

amanda said...

I love that boy! He has such a huge heart.

Lara said...

sweet, sweet, love dianne. thanks for sharing! you are blessed.

PCR ii said...

Awww...Jackson..he has a sweet heart

Jennifer said...

So precious!

Rebecca Meece said...

So sweet! You are doing a wonderful job!

Purifoy Family said...

what a sweet boy! guess he got that from his tender momma!