Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Grocery Project

Just a little note for everyone to get ready for next week.
Darrell will be starting on a little journey I like to call payback
The Grocery Project
.
I have done the shopping, planning and couponing ever since Darrell and I have been married. Darrell loves that I save a lot of money, but just this week I thought it might be a fun little experiment to put him to work and maybe gain a little appreciation for the skills that it takes. (I just hope he doesn't put me to the yard project:)

For one or maybe two weeks I will hand over my weekly grocery budget and the big fat coupon book and let him have at it:0

It makes me smile just thinking about it.

So here are the rules:
1. He gets $75 to get all of our groceries and consummable items for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. He has to make out a menu plan for the entire week and I will still do the cooking seeing as I don't plan on torturing EVERYONE in the household.
That doesn't seem to hard does it? At least I am not making him actually cook the food.

We will see how it goes. So, sweetie, enjoy that long weekend with the guys, because you have a lot of work to do on Sunday!

Any other wives willing to join me?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I would have seen this before I just forwarded some coupons for some very cool items that you can get for free! I hate that I just made it a tad easier for him. :)

Claire said...

This is AWESOME!!! Hmmm...very tempting but I'be a little worried that we will end up with dollar-menu burgers or bowls of cereal every night for dinner. Trent just doesn't appreciate food that much to go to all the effort that we do.