Thursday, April 15, 2010

Florida

Here are a thousand pictures chronicling our time in Defuniak Springs. Maybe not 1000 but at least 20.

We had a great time at Darrell's grandparents house last week. We made it to the beach 3 days and one of them was perfect. The other two were filled with jellyfish. It is hard to beat a free, clean (except from us:), hospitable place to stay. The week was filled with dirt roads, boiled peanuts, jelly fish, Seaside, sand, ice cream for breakfast, candy for lunch and carrot cake for dinner. And at three pounds heavier we made it back to the pollen clouds of Tennessee.

After the first day there and non stop whining from one of the two below I thought about leaving them both just like this for a few hours:

The hats were borrowed from Grandma and Grandpa. Jackson wore his backwards so he would look like a teenager.



My favorite part of the trip.
First ride at THE TRACK. I am pretty sure I went here when I was in High School and now I am back with my own kids. And by the way, the bumper boats should be called the soaker boats because you will not leave without being wet.

Happy Dance!

Boiled peanuts which became boiled, sandy peanuts.


I don't think there was ever a moment when she was without food. But how can you resist that chubalicious girl?
Riding or more accurately driving the little tractor...

...and the big one


Riding the chickens is a tradition at this place, but Jackson was adamant that Linley could only ride on the small one.

See ya next year Gma and Gpa and thanks for a great week!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the happy dance picture! So sweet! I can't believe how big they're getting... they aren't babies anymore!

Anonymous said...

These pics made me tear up; I love this place! AND your kids are very cute. But why no pics of you and Darrell?????

Claire said...

You crack me up! Welcome back to the pollen clouds, that's for sure! Glad you had a great trip!

Meriwether said...

Love the pictures, especially the happy dance one! :) So cute!

PCR ii said...

Cute pics! Love, love, love Linley's bathing suits. How cute is girl stuff. Not that the pics of Jackson weren't cute too! Glad yall had a fun break-you deserve it!

Rebecca Meece said...

Looks like a really fun trip! Sorry I didn't even ask about it- I didn't know y'all were going. Very cute pics!