Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Sweet Saint in a Restored Body


I have been reminded again that God's promise to us "I am with you to deliver you,' says the LORD" (Jeremiah 1:8), means that wherever he sends us, He will guard our lives. Our possessions and property should be a matter of indifference and we should not cling tightly to them.

My sweet sweet friend Lorena Jackson returned to her place near God yesterday and I am thrilled that she is in a restored body next to her Savior.

I love Mrs. Jackson, she has been my friend for 4 years now and at 92 years old had great wisdom, kind words and funny jokes to share with me and my family.

After every doctor's appointment when I was pregnant with Samuel, I would go to her apartment and cry with her and leave knowing that no matter what, Samuel was not mine, but God's.

As I prayed with Mrs. Jackson on Monday night, for a peaceful last few days and for her desire to return Home quickly I knew that she was God's child and I love her for that.

3 comments:

amanda said...

so sad but is a blessing at the same time.

The Trone's: James, Misty, and Bella Grace said...

that is so sweet. i am sure she loved you so much!

Claire said...

This post brought tears to my eyes, Dianne. What sweet gifts you both gave to each other.