Monday, November 3, 2008

Never Iron Around Small Children

It has been a busy few days and just the beginning of a wonderful holiday season. Those that know me well know that I don't like to fill my time with lots of "things" to do so the past five days with something planned every single one of them is not exactly my idea of normal. I will say that this was the most fun Halloween ever! The title of ironing reflects are slightly hectic and crazy weekend. As I was ironing Linley decided to join me. I was very sure to keep her away from the cord: so sure that I pulled the iron to my bare belly (thankfully there are no pictures to document this) and burned myself! Anyway here are pictures from our SUPER weekend and they are in no particular order. Oh yeah and if you read this before Tuesday say an extra prayer for our nation and voting tomorrow. For the first time since I was born I have really been prayerful for this country and our leaders. (sorry for the political side note)

So this is Jackson headed from house to house-Even from the back he makes a great Ghost!
We went to J's buddy's house and trick or treated with his best friends. This was definitely the way to do it. The kids had a blast comparing candy and the adults had a great time too!
Linley was not interested in trick or treating or her costume. I got one quick pic with the head thingy on, but only because I distracted her with her first sucker. She had on her PJ's with her cute fairy outfit aunt Cake got her!

Wasn't Jackson Scary?



The daycare had a Trunt or Treat on Halloween that the kids loved- here is Linley with Miss Michelle her teacher.

Eating some candy after Trunk or Treat

After all of the Halloween Candy subsided I did get to celebrate with some great friends by going to baby showers. First we celebrated with Joanna and her two daughters on the way. On Sunday we had a shower for Claire and her baby(I am guessing son) coming in January. Can't wait to meet all 3!

No comments: