Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas-Woohoo

So Christmas just isn't Christmas unless at least one child and or adult is sick. Our original plans were to go to Memphis and wake up Christmas morning with my folks and my brother's family. Well, I got a call Monday at work saying that Linley was sick so I picked her up and we headed to the Dr. I assumed she had an ear infection and I wanted to go ahead and get some medicine before we left on our trip. We got to the dr. and found out she had RSV-YUCK. So we immediately called off plans to go to Memphis, I cried, I got over it-and then decided we would just make do with what we had for our first Christmas at home. By Wednesday, you could not tell that my daughter was even sick, but everyone had already changed plans and my parents were headed to Nashville for Christmas Eve and then to Atlanta for Christmas Day. It was very fun to have our family at our home on Christmas morning and even more fun to cook in my new kitchen! Thanks Sweetie for my great double ovens:)

I realize it looks like Darrell is cooking in this next picture, but don't worry-he isn't.



A kid is never too old to sit in his mommy's lap. Of course when you get this old your neice wants to join you. We were glad to have Darrell's mom and brother with us for Italian Christmas meal. My aunt Pat was also there, but somehow she avoided all pictures.








I realize there is a bright light on Linley's forhead but the picture was just too cute not to put on here.



So Darrell and Paul disappeared for a while and found out later that they were playing with Jackson's new race car track.


This was Jackson's new bicycle game that he loves, but Linley had to give it a try too.




so after all the paper flew, we decided that since Linley was doing better we would head to Atlanta to finish the weekend with my brother's family. It was very fun and I ate soooooooooo many yummy treats. I think the sugar coma I was in was the reason why I lost so badly at Liverpool Rummy.


1 comment:

Rebecca Meece said...

OMG- I love your new kitchen! It is beautiful. Great Christmas pictures- it sounds like you had quite the whirlwind holidays. Glad Linley is feeling better- poor thing. Love that the guys were playing with the train set. Tyler does that too...except with 8mo. old musical light up toys:)