Thursday, March 5, 2009

When Daddies Are In Charge of Bathtime

Before bathtime I will wish Happy Birthday's to both Grandmother's. We celebrated with Gee on Saturday with a carrot cake-yum (Jackson decided to bring out the carousel horses for a topper). The day before we celebrated Jackson said "Mommy, I think we need to make Gee and Grams ballerina cakes." Umm-not gonna happen. I love how everyone is focused on blowing out candles, except Darrell:) Oh and we waited for Linley to go to sleep before we dug into the cheesecake.
So while I was getting Grams' cake ready I asked Darrell to give the kids a bath. This is usually a pretty painless job until Linley recently decided she didn't like bathtime. They all disappear and about ten minutes later we (Grams, MacDaddy and myself) hear a "Come look at this."
We all pile into the bathroom, I must admit I was kind of expecting some extra "goodies" to be in the tub courtesy of Linley, but was relieved and quite tickled to find this:

That's a lot of bubbles. Actually, I think there were equal parts of bubbles and water in that tub, but either way there were too many bubbles for Linley to sit down. Good job Sweetie!


5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm smiling so big!! So sweet! :)

Joel & Joanna said...

That looks like a REALLY fun bubble bath!!! I'm glad you can still see the kids :o)

Rebecca Meece said...

So cute! They look like they were having a blast.

Purifoy Family said...

That's hilarious! How did Darrell do it? A while bottle of bubbles? I can barely get the bubbles to cover the water :)

Lara said...

those pictures in the bubbles were so cute! what a fun bath! linley and avery look like twins by the way.