Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Everything's Right

Do you ever have those days or weekends when everything just happens exactly as it should? Well, we don't usually have those, but when we do you better believe it is going to make it on the blog. The weekend was so wonderful (minimal meltdowns by Linley coupled with beautiful weather and a great backyard).

So here are a few funnies from it:
Sweet Linley can barely reach, but she loves to swing superman style
The only thing I like better than fresh veggies is when they are Buy One Get one Free. And yes that adorable dress on Linley was a great consignment buy for $4.00
Yummy, oranges-you must get every last drop.Oh wait, I left a tiny little crumb.
Since it was rainy on Sunday Jackson decided we should play Madagascar (if you haven't seen both movies you should). Darrell was Alex (hince my sweet 33 year old baby blanket being used as a lion mane). Jackson was Melman b/c "he is soo funny".
So I tell Jackson "I will be Marty (the zebra) b/c he is really funny and Linley can be Gloria (the hippo) b/c well she is-you know-round:)
"Oh no mommy you should be Gloria b/c you are so big just like her"
Gee thanks Jackson:)

And just a little more backyard time in short 15 second videos.

Please forgive the fact that I have on pajamas, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to beat my son in a good old steam roller race. Darrell was kind enough to point out that I only won b/c I only had to rollover 4 times to Jackson's 9:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

hahahaha!

...yea.... that wasn't a nice observation Darrell!

Andrew and Jessica said...

Okay, hysterical!!! Dianne, you are super mom--!!

Rebecca Meece said...

Such a fun weekend! And of course always fun to get to play the hippo:)

Joel & Joanna said...

Oh, what fun days ahead to look forward to with my girls! Looks like a great time, having perfect warm weather helps too! Hope to steamroll, swing, and play Madagascar with my kiddos some day! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday :o)

Purifoy Family said...

cute pics. those weekends are rare here too! You found veggies buy one get one and didn't tell me?