Monday, April 27, 2009

Crawfish 09

****WARNING**** This post has a TON of pictures, but I just could not narrow it down.
We had our 3rd annual crawfish boil this past weekend and for the 3rd year the weather and company was perfect. I love this event, not so much for the crawfish, but more because the guys do most of the work:) The boil was even more perfect b/c my parents helped to watch the kids. So here it is in pictures:

Jackson is ONLY holding this b/c it is dead. I have a better picture of these two, but it is way more fun that Win ignored me and ate first. I like that rule: "eat first, smile later"
Dumping out the first pot


Yes, Natalie is asleep in Mandi's arms: adorable:)


I tell Potts that she is just like Jesus: "Let the little children come" Really she is a kid magnet.

Joanna with Kennedy

Now this is a serious Cajun-putting your daughter in a pack to give her lessons? Come on. Thank you for at least turning sideways so we couldn't see what that ugly apron said


I think this is Potts' first time with a crawfish-at least that is what her face is saying here.

As a side note: Darrell this is a rubberband-this may be needed when you are caring for Linley alone. Please call James in case of emergency-he seems to be working it pretty well.




Last year we had millions of worms in everything-This year, just 4 caterpillars and two inch worms.



Does anyone else think it is funny that Darrell and I TOTALLY don't need to be squatting in this picture?


4 comments:

Claire said...

your funny captions are cracking me up!

Rebecca Meece said...

They are cracking me up to! You know I love "refrigerator worthy" pictures like shoving your face with some crawfish. It looked like sooo much fun and beautiful weather! Glad you didn't leave any pictures out.

Joel & Joanna said...

Oh, too fun! I am so glad you got a picture of Natalie asleep hanging in Amanda's arms! I missed my opportunity for that one.
Thanks for posting lots of pics!

Cris said...

Happy families these days are so rare. You should always remind yourself that you are lucky despite many problems.