Monday, April 6, 2009

Fun Times and Loving Life

So I am at the point where I pretty much love life. Even if the kids are throwing tantrums, stepping AWAY from the soccer ball at a game or continuously sick; and even if I am being a crotchity wife, lazy mom and hard headed woman, I am just content. Not to say that I am always in a good mood, but I am just enjoying what I have been given.




How awesome is my job that I get paid to eat lunch for FREE with seniors whom I love? Sure makes going to work easy!

I love birthday parties-especially outside birthday parties. At this one the kids got to make balloon animals and they were ADORABLE and from Target of course.

Amanda Q. This pic is for you-Please no one get between this girl and her cupcake! Oh and as a sidenote my almost 20 month old daughter has on a size 4t shirt here.


Yes I was driving while taking this picture, but I am SURE I was stopped at a red light or something. I just couldn't resist since I heard funny noises in the backseat and found Linley sucking on her toes. That is what happens when you take away her buppies (pacifier). I was actually quite impressed she was so flexible for being such a big girl.

I was given free tickets to the Southern Women's Show so Helen and I went on our day off Friday. It was really fun sampling stuff. Helen had to pre taste all of the dips to make sure they were MAYO free. I pretty much only tasted one or two, but oh well.

Saturday Mom and I made the trip to and from Atlanta for a baby shower for Mary Martin Thornton. We got to see the SUNRISE and made it home just before the sunset.

My adorable nephew and soon to be big brother J. He is wearing one of Jackson's old shirts-CUTE!


I only cried three times on Sunday! Our new sanctuary is finished and it is beautiful and the music was awesome. It was sooo easy to worship God in such an amazing environment.
All of that fun just to say that last week I really felt attacked by our ENEMY for feeling so content. So often when things are going well I let that little evil voice start to tell me "watch out-this good can't last too long before something bad happens" Then I believe it and let it ruin all of the joy.

Not today, because today I will Praise God and if tomorrow sucks I will still Praise Him.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

4 comments:

Andrew and Jessica said...

Okay, so I love the picture of Linley and the cupcake... so cute!!

The Dodd Squad said...

What an awesome post! Great pictures and inspiring message...it brightened my day!

Joel & Joanna said...

Thanks for your honesty... it really inspired me too! I have found that although I am praying to be more content where I am (a place that I don't want to be!) that right now I need to focus on the positive and the million things I have to be thankful for! Your pictures are awesome and your kids are so cute! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

Rebecca Meece said...

So fun! I love hearing about what has been going on lately. Congrats on a new niece. Great pictures of the kiddos!