Friday, May 22, 2009

Play dates

So there are a group of amazing parks here in Nashville, and we pass by one on the way to school everyday. It is in Belle Meade and has approximately 2, 337 stairs :) that lead to the top of the hill and some hiking trails.

Everyday Jackson asks to go to this park, just so we can climb to the top. After a few months of asking, I finally relented and packed our dinner to take to work (see it is close to work, but not to home) so we could go after school.

As we pulled the big diaper bag filled with cups and dinner out of the car and looked up that huge hill, I thought "I sure hope Linley walks." Don't worry, Jackson ran up the stairs and Linley and I trudged along behind him, courteously moving to the side as the exercisers breezed past us. It wasn't that the climb itself was so hard- it was more the fact that I was balancing a huge bag on one shoulder and a 35lb toddler on the other hip that made it a little more challenging.
As a matter of fact-I think it should be the next challenge on the Amazing Race. So we made it to the top, ate, saw a mule (I called it a horse and was quickly corrected by both my 5 year old son and the lady riding it), lots of dogs, and tons of exercisers.

But we couldn't stop at the top of the stairs, we had to keep going up the trail until I finally decided that it wasn't safe to carry Linley any farther. The climb down was much more fun, as Linley decided she could walk:)

On a totally different note-I love the sound of the ICE CREAM TRUCK, and I was thankful that for once I had cash to be able to run down the street and stop him:)
I think they were happy too!

No comments: