Monday, May 18, 2009

Trading Eyes

*UPDATED*
This Sunday at church I had a terrible sinus headache. It was so bad my vision was blurred and I told Darrell, "I can't see." Nothing much more was said about it until our car ride home.

Jackson, from the backseat said, "Mommy, how 'bout if we just switch eyes."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Jackson: "If we switch eyes then you won't have to worry about not being able to see"



What a great picture of selflessness. I love that Darrell looked at me and said, "It's something when you learn lessons from your children." Amen to that.
Thank you to this great cousin (actually a cousin-in-law) for the perfect comment:
Meriwether said...
At that time the disciples came to Jesus,saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."~Matthew 18:1-4

Oh and I think I would look good with blue eyes and Jackson's strawberry blonde hair would be dynamite with green ones:)

2 comments:

Gail said...

this brought tears to my eyes. He is so special.

Meriwether said...

At that time the disciples came to Jesus,saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
~Matthew 18:1-4