Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Jackson!

I Cannot believe that my sweet firstborn is already 5! So here are five things that I adore about Jackson:
1) His super smile with the attached dimples. How can you not love this face?2) That he is loved by all not because he is the most athletic, the funniest or smartest; but because he is truly kind to everyone around him. Praise God for this trait (he did not get it from Darrell or me)
3) That he is keenly aware that HEAVEN is a real place where we all want to be.
4) He has a wild imagination and big dreams that are far to pleasant to be snuffed out by realistic parents. I say if my son wants to be a horse when he grows up (not a cowboy, an actual horse) then let him be. That desire is followed closely by being a train engineer.
5) He is the sweetest big brother and guards his sister from anything that may harm her. What a supreme example of love I get to witness every day.
Oh and one to grow on: 6) He LOVES all things DONUT!


So here is the Haunted House cake that Jackson was dying to have for his birthday. Thank you Ms. Ricci for the great House that actually lit up on the cake! Making a haunted cake in January is not the easiest task, but at least the internet provided me with some great tools. Saturday morning, the cake was assembled with a group effort. Uncle Jim and Aunt Cake provided creative support and flagstone cut outs for the walkway. The cake got quite a few stares at Chuck E. Cheese. While everyone else had princesses and trains our special birthday boy had skeleton heads and tombstones.

I was not thrilled that Jackson chose Chuck E. Cheese for the celebration so a few of our friends came along to ease the chaos. It seems they had as much fun as the kids.

Ready to use those tokens!

Mandi and Winn in a little b-ball shoot out. It doesn't really matter who won since I beat them all later with a score of 37:)


Uncle Paul desperately trying to hit the bonus tickets. Don't worry he got enough for a beautiful princess wand all for himself.


Jackson saw this picture and said, "I don't even remember smiling with Mandi, mommy." Guess that strep throat daze started sooner than we thought.


Of course Linley is sick in this picture too (bad mommy award goes to....Dianne-for taking two children with Strep Throat to Chuck's.)



And after a long day of play and an illness yet to be named at this point. Jackson crawls onto his favorite lap and takes a little rest!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love this post! So very sweet. :) After I saw y'all the other day I was thinking about how kind Jackson is. It's really amazing that a 5 year old can be that sweet. I'm sure he has bad days, but I definitely can't imagine him being difficult!! Thanks again for bringing them in to work!

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

Happy be-lated bday! that cake is insane! How very cool. I can't believe you made it...you need to start a business... you'd make a killing!

Great photos and post, I loved reading it!

Rebecca Meece said...

The cake turned out awesome! Looks like Jackson had a really fun and special birthday.