Thursday, January 15, 2009

Not a Superhero

So here are my thoughts only so don't be offended. I believe that going from Zero to One kid is an adjustment. The obvious late nights in the beginning and making sure the restaurant has high chairs, but it is still manageable-I mean you are double teaming something that is a fifth of your size.

I do believe that going from one to two is dramatic and life changing. All of a sudden you are having to do man on man defense and if you are alone with the two it is surely crazy. Any mom loading and unloading multiple kids at multiple stores will understand this. Oh and eating out is pretty much out of the question for their first 4 years or so.


So here is Darrell playing with both kids at one time. Of course you can't lift one kid up and throw them around without the other wanting to join in. Who needs a gym membership when you have kids around?
Now that being said, we are not superheroes. I reserve that title for any parent sporting a permanent zone defense and having three or more children (and even moms having two or more at the same time-I mean really how can you nurse two hungry children at the same time). To all of you parents out there with 3 or more (living-because we will not forget our Samuel) children here is your superhero award and God bless you for it-I do not intend on accepting that award!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I just found your blog today!!! I'm so excited! :D Actually... I didn't really find it. I asked Darrell if y'all had one and he showed me the way. Anyway... another blogger friend! Whoo!

ps... I can't believe how much Lynley has changed since I saw her last! What a beatiful little girl!

Kristine said...

All this time, I had no idea you had a blog... can't believe Darrell kept that a secret for so long. I found you from Jennifer's! :)

Jennifer said...

Hey... I tagged you! See my most recent blog if you're interested in participating!