Monday, January 26, 2009

Sick Sundays

So for the last two Sundays we have been spending quite a lot of time (and money) on healthcare. Last Sunday we took the kids to the Vanderbilt Clinic because they both had strep throat. Yesterday Darrell and I woke up to a crying child who couldn't breathe. I thought maybe he was out of breath b/c I had not heard him crying. Oh no my friends, apparently he just had croup.
Oh how I wish I had made Darrell take a picture of us last night. I thought about it, but decided that asking my sleep deprived (borderline OCD) husband to rummage through a cluttered diaper bag after midnight was not the smartest thing in the world.

So picture this:

Two wet (from sitting in the shower for 30 minutes) people:

Me (with a long dress coat, hiking boots, pj's and Linley's hat)

Jackson (pj's, blue kidnapper stocking hat and blankets all around)

Yes, we looked AWESOME so we went on the back patio to sit outside-it was a glorious sight and I am hoping that our neighbors did not take that time for a midnight bathroom break!


So on a much happier note, I wish I was doing this right now:

4 comments:

Sue Pig said...

Linley seems to be saying,"I can't believe she is gonna eat the whole thing!"

michelleandwalker said...

But then she remembered that Polly ALWAYS cleans her plate. ;-)

Rebecca Meece said...

Sorry the kiddos have been sick. I LOVE the description and the mental picture of yall was fabulous:) Not fun circumstances, but fun family memories.

Gail said...

I would have taken a picture - as you know from Walmart!