Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hollywood and Epcot

So I loved Hollywood Studios even though we were in and out in about 4 hours. Our family wastes no time and we were serious about our Fast Passes.

So there were three rides of note in Hollywood: The Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania and Star Tours.

Let's just say that I got into Star Wars/Star Tours and closed my eyes the whole time. I do not like simulators and they usually make me very sick, however, Jackson loved it so much he and Darrell did it again.

Next was Toy Story Mania

I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this ride. You are basically taken around to different carnival type games and you use your little gun to shoot darts, throw rings, etc and different things. Sooo fun.

The last ride of note was the Tower of Terror. Darrell and I tried on multiple occasions to convince Jackson to not ride this ride. I explained to him in great detail how it was scary like the Haunted Mansion but it dropped you out of the sky like a broken elevator. He insisted on going anyway and I thought, 'hey, he has liked almost everything else so why not?' BIG MISTAKE! By the way, this was the second thing (the first being loud noises) that scares Jackson. After the first of many opening doors and sudden drops Jackson was done. He looked up at me, shaking, and said "I don't like this". Well that's funny, because I thought it was fun. I tried to hold him as best I could being buckled in and continuing to go UP and Down, never knowing when it would stop.

After we exited the ride J demanded to call my co-worker who had told him it was her favorite. He then told everyone he could think of to call that it was not fun. Oh well, at least it wasn't the first thrill ride he went on, only to ruin it for all the rest.

Moving on to more pleasant things EPCOT. This was Darrell's favorite parkWith light crowds and lots fun interactive things to do Darrell would have stayed here every day. Lucky for him I had reservations in different countries here nearly every night. Our best food on Disney properties was by far at Epcot.

This was a not so great picture at the Coral Reef restaurant. He had some sort of Ray that liked to stay right next to us all night.Darrell had never heard of or tasted a Churro before this shot. Let me just tell you he only took two bites of it (the second bite ws b/c I wanted a picture). I on the other hand ate the whole thing.


Jackson's dessert at this restaurant was: Make your own cupcake-what kid and Mandi wouldn't love this?Darrell's grace and agility :) displayed on his segway ride. If you want proof (or disproof) just come watch the video.Jackson had and still has a huge crush on Mary Poppins. Thanks to a tip from a friend we knew that she would show up in Great Britain. WE went everyday looking for her and finally on Wednesday night we found her-woohoo. Thanks LD for that tip.

1 comment:

Lara said...

we ate at coral reef too...and my favorite ride was the aerosmith rollercoaster! we never made it to the countries in epcot...maybe next time. i love looking at other peoples disney pictures- it's so big you can't do everything and it's fun to get different perspectives.