Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Let's Start with the Animal Kingdom


Our family(well at least Darrell, Jackson and I) took a week long vacation to Disney World. I had been planning the trip for months and was super excited. The trip as a whole was a huge success and the look on Jackson's face every day was worth every minute of it all. That being said, we will probably only go back one more time for Linley and then never again.


I will start with our least favorite park: The Animal Kingdom. I love zoos and this wasn't a good one, but there were a few highlights.

This was the ride Expedition Everest-it was very fun and a very fast roller coaster that would take you backwards in the dark. Jackson loved the whole thing, except the Yeti that came and tore up the tracks. He was definitely not afraid of the roller coasters. Two thumbs up for this ride.
The next ride was a whole other story. I was thinking "Dinosaurs, cool, Jackson will love this." Oh no my friends-big mistake. I would not think it would be scary-it was not fast, but apparently that is not what makes something scary. I now have the one ingredient(well two, but I will get to the second on another post) that makes something scary. VOLUME!!!!!!
The ride was a time machine that took us to prehistoric times. My favorite part was looking at the picture they take of you right when the gigantic and loud T-rex pops out on my side of the car. Ohh how I wish I had broken down and bought that overpriced picture, but really it was too perfect. The picture shows my back with my head buried into Jackson's lap (yes I was petrified) and Jackson looking irritated that I was in his way peering around me to get a better look at the oh so terrifying dino. My fave part though was of Darrell-sitting up straight clearly annoyed with fingers in both of his ears.


I still laugh about that. We were finished with the Animal Kingdom by noon and spent the afternoon swimming in the pool.


Get ready for more.......


3 comments:

amanda said...

love it, keep the disney posts coming!

Richard and Christy Pearce said...

the dinosaur scared me to death _ even on the second ride!

Rebecca Meece said...

i love all the disney posts! sounds like yall had so much fun and i bet jackson thought it was really special to have yall all to himself.