Thursday, June 18, 2009

Laugh until you wet your pants

I love the feeling of laughing.


I also love when someone else laughs REALLLLy hard.


Even better is when you are laughing REALLLLY hard.





Last night all of the above happened for Jackson and I.


Oh why did I not have my camera handy?



Last night Jackson and Darrell went out onto the front porch to watch the lightning in the distance. They both called me out there so excited to see a humongous fat frog on the sidewalk.

I obliged.

Told Darrell, "I'll give you $5.00 of my blow money if you pick it up."

Darrell walked up like he was actually going to do it.

I wasn't sweating-I knew he wouldn't

Jackson cheered him on

He got closer

I started to worry that I might lose that $5

Then he chickened out, "I'll do it if you get me some gloves"

"you'll lose your $5, but I will get those gloves"

I run to fetch the gloves, relieved that I didn't lose my blow money:)

Darrell, skirts around and yelps in a high pitched voice

Jackson folds over laughing

I start chuckling

and finally he picks up the blue ribbon frog.

I shout "don't get that near me-it is going to pee"

Jackson laughs even harder and I join in

Then it happens

Like a 40 pound excited dog it pees everywhere

A huge stream coming down and splashing off the sidewalk

Onto Darrell's feet and legs

Now the hysterical laughing commences.

I thought we might wake the neihbors.

Ahh laughing until the urination (at least until the frog does:)



P.S. don't worry about Darrell's feet-a little known fact about him that you may not know is that he washes those things EVERY night before bed.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

So funny! I love moments like that! My mom and I always get tickled when we're moving very heavy furniture... it's not a very good situation to be in.

Strange that Darrell washes his feet before bed every night... I have had this same urge a lot lately! I just feel like they need to be extra clean to get in bed!

Meriwether said...

Thanks for giving me a laugh! This post cracks me up!!!:) I happen to love frogs and toads, so I find it funny when people feel the need to use gloves. lol :)

Jenn @ My Kind of Strange said...

You guys are sooo much fun! Your posts always make me wish I was there with you!! Your kids are going to have the BEST childhood memories!!

Claire said...

Ha, ha! It makes Daisy peeing on his shoe seem like nothing...One question-how did you know the frog was about to pee?