Monday, June 22, 2009

Typical

So of course I would have a Father's Day post since yesterday was the big day, but first I must say- Happy 7th Anniversary Sweetie!

Today's post will be for my Father, even though I have a wonderfully smashing husband who is an excellent father to our wildly rambunctious children-I will save that post for another day.


Thanks Dad for many things and here are just a few (oh and I realize that some other woman has a lot to do with making a great father:):

1. For picking me up from school on Fridays so I wouldn't have to walk home.

2. For saying stuff like: "Be a good guy, wear the white hat."

3. and "Look they saved that spot just for us"

4. and "It must be free"

5. for making hungarian nicaraguan fried enchiladas-yum

6. for reading to me every night when I was a kid (even if it was from an encyclopedia)

7. for taking us on great vacations (camping, disney, rafting, OLYMPICS)

8. for going to Spain with us and planning lots of it

9. for walking me down the aisle

10. for loving mom

11. for loving me and showing me how my heavenly Father can love even greater

12. for taking me to church when I was young

13. for paying for my education (college and high school)

should I stop now or keep going?

14. For loving your grandchildren even more than I think possible

and building them stuff like this:

and this:15. For putting up with Jackson's random calls because if mommy doesn't know the answer, "that's ok-granddaddy knows everything.
16. And lastly (for this blog anyway) for allowing your house to look like this when we come over to visit

Happy Father's Day Dad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much.
I'm blushing from all the praise.
You Know I get more out of it than the recipients.

That being said: however, the enchiladas are Nicaraguan. Who ever heard of Hungarian enchiladas?

Love ya,
Pops
aka according to Jackson
"Mr Know-It-All"

Lara said...

that's really cute and sweet, dianne! I can't believe he read to you from the encyclopedia! Loved the pictures of all the crazy projects!

Claire said...

why do you always make me cry when I read your posts!?!?